Finding aid for the Euclid Avenue Opera House Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Euclid Avenue Opera House
Title: Euclid Avenue Opera House Records
Dates: 1869-1878
Extent: 0.20 linear feet (1 container)
Abstract: The Euclid Avenue Opera House was located at Euclid Avenue and Sheriff Street in Cleveland, Ohio. It was designed by D. Graham and opened in 1875. The opera house seated 1,638. It was destroyed by fire in 1892, and rebuilt on a grander scale in 1893. It was torn down in 1922, and the Hanna Theater became its successor. The collection consists of a list of plays produced at the Opera House, with an enumeration of props needed for each act.
MS Number MS 2784
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English