Finding aid for the Euclid Avenue Congregational Church Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Euclid Avenue Congregational Church
Title: Euclid Avenue Congregational Church Records
Dates: 1822-1970
Extent: 23.51 linear feet (57 containers, 11 oversize volumes, and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: Euclid Avenue Congregational Church was founded in 1843, in Cleveland, Ohio. Until 1853 it had a Presbyterian form of government and was called the Presbyterian Church of East Cleveland. A Hough Avenue branch of the church existed from 1890 until 1934, under the name Hough Avenue Congregational Church. In 1934 it merged with the Euclid Avenue church. The Euclid Avenue Congregational Church was destroyed by fire on March 23, 2010. The collection consists of minutes, financial records, correspondence, membership and property records, baptismal and death records, and other records of Euclid Avenue and Hough Avenue Congregational churches, including marriage records of the Hough Avenue church.
MS Number MS 3577
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English