Finding aid for the Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland
Title: Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland Records
Dates: 1895-1974
Extent: 16.61 linear feet (18 containers and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: The Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland was established in 1875 as the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society in Cleveland, Ohio. It merged with the Hebrew Relief Organization in 1883 to form the Hebrew Relief Association. It was renamed the Jewish Social Service Bureau in 1922. The Bureau affiliated with the Western Reserve University School of Applied Social Sciences and helped train students for field placement. In 1943, the Bureau changed its name to the Jewish Family Service Association. The collection consists of minutes, reports, correspondence, financial records, case files, speeches, research papers, and statistics of the Association; minutes, reports, and correspondence of agencies working with the Association; and thirty-eight theses submitted to the Western Reserve University School of Applied Social Sciences.
MS Number MS 3716
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English