Finding aid for the Taylor Road Synagogue Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Taylor Road Synagogue
Title: Taylor Road Synagogue Records
Dates: 1919-1968
Extent: 3.30 linear feet (9 containers)
Abstract: Taylor Road Synagogue is the largest Orthodox congregation in Cleveland, Ohio, and is also known as Oheb Zedek Congregation. It was formed in the early 1950s by the merger of Oheb Zedek, Chibas Jerusalem, Agudas B Ľnai Israel, Agudas Achim, Shaaray Torah and Knesseth Israel congregations. The collection consists of ledgers and account books of Shaaray Torah Congregation (1919-1959), a membership ledger of Chibas Jerusalem Congregation (1930-1932), and financial statements, a general fund ledger and journal, invoices for paid bills, and receipts for dues and donations of Taylor Road Synagogue (1946-1968).
MS Number MS 3765
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English and Yiddish