Finding aid for the Green Road Synagogue Records

Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Green Road Synagogue
Title: Green Road Synagogue Records
Dates: 1949-1976
Extent: 2.40 linear feet (3 containers)
Abstract: The Anshe Marmarosher Congregation was founded in 1910 by Orthodox Jews from Marmaresh Sziget, Hungary who emigrated to Cleveland, Ohio. It later changed its name to the Marmarosher Jewish Center. The Heights Jewish Center, also Orthodox, was organized in 1923. The two congregations merged in 1971 and took the name Green Road Synagogue. The collection consists of a constitution, Board minutes, membership records, religious school records, social and fundraising materials, and financial records of the Marmarosher Jewish Center and the Green Road Synagogue, and files of the Heights Jewish Center, including constitutions and material relating to the merger with the Marmarosher Jewish Center.
MS Number MS 3786
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English and Yiddish