Finding aid for the St. Paul's United Church of Christ Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: St. Paul's United Church of Christ
Title: St. Paul's United Church of Christ Records
Dates: 1856-1970
Extent: 0.80 linear feet (1 container and 3 oversize volumes)
Abstract: St. Paul's United Church of Christ was established in 1856 in Cleveland, Ohio, as the Second German Evangelical Church. In 1858 it changed to St. Paul's Evangelical Church. The church was located at the intersection of Scovill Avenue and Greenwood Street. With the merger of the German Evangelical and German Reformed denominations the church became St. Paul's Evangelical and Reformed Church. Since the 1961 merger with the Congregational Christian Church the denomination has been known as St. Paul's United Church of Christ. The collection consists of three bound volumes containing the registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths in the church, a bound volume of memorials of members, and additional, unbound memorials.
MS Number MS 3851
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English and German