Finding aid for the Beth Israel - The West Temple Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Beth Israel - The West Temple
Title: Beth Israel - The West Temple Records
Dates: 1923-1981
Extent: 2.00 linear feet (2 containers)
Abstract: Beth Israel - The West Temple was organized in 1954 to serve Reform Jews on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. The West Side Jewish Center was organized as BŲ¹nai Israel in 1910. It incorporated as the West Side Jewish Center in 1940. Originally an Orthodox congregation, it joined the Conservative movement in 1953. The two congregations merged as a Reform congregation in 1957 and occupy the building they financed together on Triskett Avenue. The collection consists of correspondence, minutes, constitutions, by-laws, articles of incorporation, the agreement for consolidation, financial records, membership lists, bulletins, directories, legal documents, brochures, programs, newspaper clippings, building records, cemetery records and miscellany relating to Beth Israel - The West Temple and to the West Side Jewish Center.
MS Number MS 3926
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English