Finding aid for the Academy of Medicine of Cleveland Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Academy of Medicine of Cleveland
Title: Academy of Medicine of Cleveland Records
Dates: 1914-1969
Extent: 8.60 linear feet (22 containers)
Abstract: The Academy of Medicine is a Cleveland, Ohio, professional organization for the promotion of modern medicine and community health issues founded in 1902 by the Cuyahoga County Medical Society and the Cleveland Medical Society. The collection consists of card files of interns and members which detail the biographical and educational backgrounds of these members; World War II service record books containing information on academy members who entered the armed forces, including addresses, date, place and rank of entry, areas of service and units, and citations and medals; scrapbooks containing clippings and memorabilia relating to the activities of the academy in the 1950s.
MS Number MS 4462
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English