Finding aid for the Eliza Bryant Center Auxiliary II Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Eliza Bryant Center Auxiliary II
Title: Eliza Bryant Center Auxiliary II Records
Dates: 1954-1992
Extent: 0.40 linear feet (2 containers)
Abstract: The Eliza Bryant Center Auxiliary II, formerly known as the Junior Board of the Eliza Bryant Center, was a group founded by African American women in 1939 in Cleveland, Ohio. Organized by Bessie Blue, it was to provide residents of the Eliza Bryant Center, a home for the African American elderly, with a cheerful and homelike atmosphere. Members of the Auxiliary raised funds to purchase items and supplies such as kitchen equipment, linen, beds, carpeting, and electronics. The collection consists of codes of regulation, constitutions, historical data, minutes, correspondence, financial statements and reports, rosters, Christmas Mart and other program documents, newspaper clippings, memorabilia, proclamations, and resolutions. The collection pertains largely to fundraising events sponsored by the Auxiliary, one of of the best known being the annual Christmas Mart.
MS Number MS 4637
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English