Finding aid for the Jewish Community Center of Cleveland Records, Series II


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
Title: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland Records, Series II
Dates: 1899-1992
Dates: 1960-1979
Extent: 11.0 linear feet (11 containers)
Abstract: The Jewish Community Center of Cleveland was formed in 1948 by the merger of the Council Educational Alliance (est. 1899), Camp Wise (est. 1907), the Jewish Young Adult Bureau (est. 1939), and the Cultural Department of the Jewish Community Council (est. 1945), for the purpose of providing recreational social and cultural programs to Cleveland, Ohio's Jewish community. By 1959 the center moved from Cleveland to the suburb of Cleveland Heights. A second building was constructed in Beachwood, Ohio, in 1986. The collection consists of minutes, programs, and reports.
MS Number MS 4696
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English