Finding aid for the Warrensville Center Synagogue Records


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit
Title: previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit Records
Dates: 1925-1990
Extent: 3.30 linear feet (6 containers)
Abstract: The previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit, an Orthodox Jewish congregation in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, was established in 1959 as a result of a merger between three smaller synagogues, the Tetiever Ahavath Achim Anshe Sfard Congregation, the Kinsman Jewish Center, and Congregation Nvai Zedek. In 1970, Sherith Jacob Israel, the Eddy Road Jewish Center-Memorial previous hit Synagogue joined Warrensville Center next hit. This congregation was itself a merger of Sherith Jacob and Sherith Israel of Mount Pleasant congregations. In 1972, Shaker-Lee Congregation was absorbed by the previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit. Shaker-Lee Congregation was the result of a previous merger of Ohel Jacob, Ohel Yavne, and Tifereth Israel (not to be confused with The Temple-Tifereth Israel, a Reform congregation) congregations. The collection consists of organizational documents, membership lists, newsletters, newspaper clippings, and program brochures. Included is the card file (1950-1989) of funerals of congregants maintained by Rabbi Jacob Muskin, leader of the Kinsman Jewish Center (1950-1959) and the previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit (1959-1990). Also included is the previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit membership card file (1959), arranged alphabetically by family name and coded to indicate the members' original congregational affiliation.
MS Number MS 4758
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English