Finding aid for the Beth Israel - The West Temple Records, Series II


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: previous hit Beth Israel - The West Temple next hit
Title: previous hit Beth Israel - The West Temple next hit Records, Series II
Dates: 1954-2000
Extent: 4.41 linear feet (5 containers and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: previous hit Beth Israel - The West Temple next hit (f. 1954) is a Reform Jewish synagogue located in Cleveland, Ohio's west side. A noted feature of this congregation is its volunteerism. For the first forty-five years of its history, all posts and jobs, with the exception of rabbi, were staffed by volunteers. This included the principal, administrator, teachers, and aides of the religious school; the librarians, office managers and secretaries; youth group advisors; and interfaith and community education coordinators. Approximately one-third of the congregation made this commitment to volunteer several hours a week throughout the year. Another fifteen percent of the congregation volunteered periodically throughout the year serving as choir director, choir members, and music accompanist; worship leaders and cantors; bulletin editors; and building repair and maintenance workers. The collection consists of minutes, bulletins, correspondence, reports, handbooks, newspaper clippings, program scripts, speeches, and transcripts.
MS Number MS 4904
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English