Finding aid for the Cleveland Hebrew Schools Records and Photographs, Series II


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Cleveland Hebrew Schools
Title: Cleveland Hebrew Schools Records and Photographs, Series II
Dates: 1902-2006
Extent: 15.41 linear feet (18 containers and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: Cleveland Hebrew Schools (CHS), officially founded in 1913, having roots back to 1885, provided an educational center for the Cleveland, Ohio, Jewish community until its closure in 2009. The collection includes school records and related documents from Cleveland Hebrew Schools, documenting changes throughout its history, including announcements, bank records, books, booklets, budgets, calendars, contracts, correspondence, curricula, employee records, enrollment records, financial records, government records, graduation records, journals, minute books, negatives, newsletters, photographs, reports, school records, song books, and tuition records.
MS Number MS 5359
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English, Yiddish and Hebrew