Finding aid for the Schiller-Goethe Monument Association of Cleveland, Ohio, Photographs


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Schiller-Goethe Monument Association of Cleveland, Ohio
Title: Schiller-Goethe Monument Association of Cleveland, Ohio, Photographs
Dates: 1907-1910
Extent: 0.40 linear feet (1 container)
Abstract: The Schiller-Goethe Monument Association was a society formed in 1905, in Cleveland, Ohio, to establish a monument in honor of Goethe and Schiller in Wade Park. The collection consists of views of the raising and dedication of the monument in Wade Park, Cleveland, Ohio. Included are views of the parade of German societies to the dedication in 1907 and speakers at the dedication ceremony, including Charles W. Lapp, Cleveland's vice-mayor. Also included are later views of the monument.
PG Number PG 236
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English