Finding aid for the Warrensville Center Synagogue Photographs, Series II


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit
Title: previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit Photographs, Series II
Dates: 1952-1988
Extent: 0.21 linear feet (1 container and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: The previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit, an Orthodox Jewish congregation in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, was established in 1959 as a result of a merger between three smaller synagogues, the Tetiever Ahavath Achim Anshe Sfard Congregation, the Kinsman Jewish Center, and Congregation Nvai Zedek. In 1970, Sherith Jacob Israel, the Eddy Road Jewish Center-Memorial previous hit Synagogue joined Warrensville Center next hit. This congregation was itself a merger of Sherith Jacob and Sherith Israel of Mount Pleasant congregations. In 1972, Shaker-Lee Congregation was absorbed by the previous hit Warrensville Center Synagogue next hit. Shaker-Lee Congregation was the result of a previous merger of Ohel Jacob, Ohel Yavne, and Tifereth Israel (not to be confused with The Temple-Tifereth Israel, a Reform congregation). The collection consists of individual and group portraits and views. Of note is a portrait of Rabbi Jacob Muskin and interior and exterior views of the congregation.
PG Number PG 514
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English