Finding aid for the Saint Luke's Hospital Photographs


Repository: Western Reserve Historical Society
Creator: Saint Luke's Hospital
Title: Saint Luke's Hospital Photographs
Dates: 1894-1997
Extent: 17.61 linear feet (28 containers and 1 oversize folder)
Abstract: Saint Luke's Hospital began operations as Cleveland General Hospital in 1894 on Woodland Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Its facilities were moved to Carnegie Avenue in 1908, and to its present site on Shaker Boulevard in 1927. After a brief merger with MetroHealth Medical Center in the early 1990s, it was sold to Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corporation and its Ohio partner, the Sisters of Charity of Saint Augustine in 1997. The non-profit proceeds of the sale were used to create the Saint Luke's Foundation. The hospital is currently owned by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Augustine Health System and the University Hospitals Health System. The collection consists of approximately 33,000 images, including prints, glass lantern slides, offset prints, photolithography, negatives, postcards, and 35 mm transparency slides.
PG Number PG 521
Location: closed stacks
Language: The records are in English